MoonDawg's Den: Hooterville

MoonDawg's Den

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hooterville

My friend Joe Dog in the Czech Republic photoblogged a trip to Vienna he took last week. Reminded me of when I visited Vienna about six years ago; it's one of the most gorgeous cities in all of Europe, and every street bursts with history. But I remember being taken aback when I saw an unexpected piece of Americana in the middle of one of Vienna's beautiful old shopping districts, just across the Danube from the amazing Belvedere Palace - a Hooters Restaurant, for crying out loud.

Vienna gave us Mozart, the Lippizzaners, and canned sausages. America gave Vienna spicy chicken wings, cheap beer, and scantily-clad waitresses. A fair trade, I'd say...

3 Comments:

  • I guess I'm too innocent... whenever I hear of hooters, I have to wonder if the waiters are really, really really topless?

    Really?


    Actually, don't answer that question. I will cling to my naivete.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:37 PM, December 03, 2006  

  • LOL - no silly girl, the waitresses don't go topless at Hooters. They wear short shorts and a skimpy top, but no 'naughty bits' are ever revealed...its a sports bar, not a strip club.

    Are there no Hooters Restaurants in the backwaters of Utah? You folks are truly deprived...

    By Blogger Garry, At 9:25 AM, December 04, 2006  

  • There's a Hooters restaurant in Salt Lake. It's just a few blocks from my Dad's house. I hear the food is good, but my wife would kill me if I ever ate there.

    I guess that's one of the things I should've experienced before getting married. Oh well...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:41 PM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home