MoonDawg's Den: Waiting for the outrage...

MoonDawg's Den

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Waiting for the outrage...



One of the holiest shrines in all of Shia Islam, the Askariya shrine in Samarra, was badly damaged by a terrorist bombing today. The 1,200 year-old shrine is said to contain the tombs of ancient imams descended from the prophet Muhammad.

This is an outrageous insult to the religion of Islam. Surely, all the thousands of Muslims worldwide who have been engaged in violent protests against silly cartoons of Muhammad will absolutely go ballistic over this far worse sacrilege, yes? It will not be long before vast mobs of angry Muslims pour into the streets to protest the bombing of the holy resting place of Muhammad's kin...

...no, not long at all...

...still waiting...

...any time now, fellas....

5 Comments:

  • No outrage?? I'm not sure I agree:

    Mayhem After Shrine Bombing Leaves More Than 100 People Dead

    Cheers,
    Jeff

    By Blogger Jeff, At 4:20 PM, February 23, 2006  

  • In Iraq, there is outrage to be sure - but I was speaking of worldwide outrage in the same places where mass protests and riots took place over the Danish cartoons: England, Turkey, Germany, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Libya, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nigeria, Sudan, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc...Muslims in those places went wild over cartoons, but not a peep from them about the shrine (well, except for Iran, which is blaming the bombing on Israel and the US).

    By Blogger Garry, At 4:59 PM, February 23, 2006  

  • Garry,

    Good point. I agree, and I think the President of Iran is completely unstable.

    Alex,

    I have no idea where your comment came from. There is nothing in the post or in the responses that should have prompted that. Perhaps the problem with American politics is that we fly off the handle if anyone disagrees with us. Take Ann Coulter on the right and Randi Rhodes on the left. Their discourse is completely vitriolic and damaging to America, and I believe that the unprovoked tirade you spouted off here fits in that category. In all fairness there is some truth to what you are saying--I'd like to see less criticism and more action on both sides myself--but coming unglued about a fairly non-partisan issue seems completely strange to me.

    Maybe some clarification would help me see the light.

    Just a thought,

    Jeff

    By Blogger Jeff, At 12:54 AM, February 24, 2006  

  • Hi Jeff,
    I think I read to much. I read boards from the left and the right, but I don't post on them. Some of the stuff I read is so idiotic it boarders on insane. I let it get to me. I shouldn't have. It really didn't have anything to do with this post as much as it did from some of the crap on Daily Kos blaiming our President for this very incident.
    Alex

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:22 AM, February 24, 2006  

  • Alex,

    Most political discourse in this country is insane. That's one reason I started my own blog. No one debates anymore. They just rant. I can definitely understand your frustrations.

    Cheers,

    Jeff

    By Blogger Jeff, At 11:59 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home